Ps 1:3

"He is like a tree planted by streams of water,which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers."

Monday, April 12, 2010

Tithing and the corrupt

I was talking to my boyfriend about how I've decided to test God on tithing since my finances have not been up to par lately. He asked me why I wouldn't just take the money out of my account and put it aside for myself to save. I told him the principle of tithing has to do with obedience in giving God/the church the total 10% of my earnings. He asked me how sure I was that when I tithe to the church they would be responsible with it instead of being corrupt and using it for selfish means. I explained to him that my obedience in tithing has nothing to do with what the people who receive the money do with it. God has blessed us and asks for only a small percentage back. He wants us to faithfully give. Whatever happens to the money after it has left my account has nothing to do with me. That 10% does not belong to me and I can only hope and pray that the money I tithe to a church would be used according to God's will. I will test God based on the Malachi 3:10 scripture that says, "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it." I believe in the validity of His Word, so I EXPECT blessings to pour into my life and I expect a positive turnaround in the health of my finances. I thank God in advance for blessing me abundantly so that I can have extra money for my savings, my self and for others. I already see the positive effects of tithing because I updated my excel budget sheet today with my upcoming paycheck and the bills and expenses I need to take care of. Normally I would only have a few dollars left, but somehow, I had more left over even when I included the extra expense of a 10% tithe. Praise God!! =) I'm looking forward to becoming a testimony of the power and truth of obeying God's Word regarding tithing.

No comments:

Post a Comment