Ps 1:3

"He is like a tree planted by streams of water,which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers."

Friday, April 23, 2010

I need to explain why I'm thankful?

So today I was cleaning at work and one of my friends asked me about a recent post I had on Facebook. It was interesting because the status post was Psalm 138:8 (MSG) which says, "Thank you! Everything in me says "Thank you!" Angels listen as I sing my thanks. I kneel in worship facing your holy temple and say it again: "Thank you!" Thank you for your love, thank you for your faithfulness; Most holy is your name, most holy is your Word. The moment I called out, you stepped in; you made my life... large with strength." I posted a verse about being very thankful to the Lord and my friend asked why I did that. He wasn't really asking "why" I posted that but really what happened for me to post something about being so thankful. He told me that he assumed I either got married or became pregnant. I told him I posted it because I've been reading the Bible more often and because of that I've been able to be thankful about all the little (and big) things in life. Him questioning my post showed me how people take things for granted and only seem to be "super thankful" when something major or significant happens. Reading the Bible puts unexplainable joy and peace within me, therefore I can easily and quickly say "thank You" for what others may see as insignificant. When my friend asked why I was thankful I found myself quick to be honest and tell him its been because I've been reading the Bible. Fortunately, he was able to accept that and it looked like he tried to understand where I was coming from. I saw his question as an opportunity to share the effects of reading God's Word. So even in that, I thank You Lord! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment