Ps 1:3

"He is like a tree planted by streams of water,which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers."

Friday, April 16, 2010

I HAD a fiery/feisty personality

God is such a great Comforter. I've discovered that since I've been consistent in His word, everything seems to fall into line. I seek refuge in Him when I feel in a rut or go through things that may normally shake me up a bit. He quiets the storm and reminds me that everything will be alright in the end; He brings to remembrance how everything will be beautiful in its time. I have no reason to stress over the little things in life. It's all futile. Stressing out is such a waste of energy considering that it brings about nothing but a headache. The Lord is good and He quietly reminds me that it is wise to remain silent sometimes; "a gentle response defuses anger" (pro 15:1 msg); "Hot tempers start fights; a calm, cool spirit keeps the peace" (pro 15:18 msg). I really need to keep those words in remembrance especially when it comes to communicating with my boyfriend. Before I would have accepted that I have a temper or that I have a fiery/feisty personality. But now, I've learned that it is wise to swallow my pride and be quiet in order to avoid an unnecessary argument. My boyfriend is a great guy, but not only is he my motivator to watch my temper, I must keep in mind the fruit of the Spirit noted in Galatians for my own benefit as well.
Galatians 5:22, 23 (NIV) "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."
The deeper I get into His Word, the more the Holy Spirit shows me what I need to correct in myself. Lately it has been my attitude and temper that has needed to be kept in check. I don't feel guilty or like I am a bad person for sometimes slipping. I have faith that God is helping me correct those things in myself. I am growing from glory to glory the more and more I read His Word and allow Him to speak to me. Praise God =D

No comments:

Post a Comment