Ps 1:3

"He is like a tree planted by streams of water,which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers."

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I rebuke the thief!; first testimony of tithing

John 10:10 (AMP) "The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows)"
This past Sunday I faithfully went to church and tithed my whole 10% in accordance to Malachi 3:10. The carnal part of me wanted to pocket that money for myself but through prayer I was able to give it to God and feel at peace about it. I felt right about giving the Lord what was His and stood on His Word that the floodgates of heaven would open for me as I continued to be faithful in the area of finances and tithing. Since then I have been keeping my eyes open for the manifestation of His blessings. One of my friends is PCS'ing to another country and he felt he could give away all his food and some cleaning supplies to me instead of throw them away and be wasteful. I was exceedingly thankful for that because I acquired about $100 worth of groceries. Furthermore, my mother paid for the transfer of my course credits to the institution I am studying at now without any hesitation. Plus she is always more than willing to help me pay off bills. Again, I am exceedingly thankful for her gesture. The Lord is good and even though my bank account does not reflect "open floodgates" right now, I will remain faithful and see what is not yet visible right now. I am looking ahead and being thankful in advance for His goodness and blessing me to the point where my cup overflows. The enemy does nothing but kill, steal and destroy. However, MY God is much bigger and more powerful, He does not lie and His Word promises me goodness, an abundant life, the floodgates of heaven pouring into my life and much more. I believe I will be able to pay off my bills sooner than later. I believe He will multiply the money in my account and I will no longer have to live from paycheck to paycheck with the bare minimum. And I will continue to tithe and expect much much more, not only in the area of finances, but in every aspect of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment